Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Little Diva

After a week of intense excitement and anticipation, we woke up at the crack of dawn yesterday (I can't lie, it was really 7:30, but that's early for me these days!) to get a sneak peek at our angel's face. We visited the same ultrasound place, Baby's First Images, to have a 3D/4D ultrasound. If you have never seen pictures, they are amazing! You can actually see a 3D image of a baby's face, hands, feet, and everything in between! I had an oh-so-nutritious breakfast of cinnamon rolls and cold milk, hoping to get Khloe bouncing around during the ultrasound. She had already been really active all morning. Those sweet little taps that I began felting around 10 weeks ago have now turned into punches and pokes! Anyway, when we arrived, I noticed that she was very still and quiet. That should have been my first clue. The tech took us right back to the room, which has a huge movie screen to view the ultrasound. Right when she began moving the doppler, she said "uh oh!" (something no pregnant mother wants to hear!). Apparently our little diva was turned completely away from the camera with her face burried into the back of my uterus. The tech tried to prod her to turn and even had me stand up and bounce around. But, she wouldn't be bothered. She even put both hands AND a foot up over her face so that we couldn't see ANYTHING! (Although, Jason says that he caught a glimpse and is convinced that she looks just like her big brother.) We did confirm that she is DEFINITELY a girl (a relief, since her room is now totally pink-ti-fied!) Thankfully Baby's First Images has a redo policy that is allowing us to go back next Saturday, hoping for better results. Keep your fingers crossed and I'll post the ultrasound pictures then!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry! Well, at least you get to go back.... what a little diva! She is all cozy and comfortable in there:-) I can't wait to see pics!!

    ReplyDelete